Marketing in house vs outsourcing marketing
Many small to mid-size business owners wonder whether they should hire out their marketing services. Usually, the business wants to provide an authentic public image for the company, and wants to find someone who will translate the spirit of the business into an online presence. While hiring a full time in house marketing director will provide this level of intimacy with your company’s inner workings, it is also a big responsibility that will increase your overhead.
Especially in small businesses, marketing directors on site often get pulled into the day-to-day activities of a business, which detract from their specialized job. Innovating and trying new strategies may fall to the back burner. There are so many opportunities for getting noticed with digital marketing, that it is difficult for one person to be specialized in all of the marketing skill sets that would benefit your business.
Benefits of finding an outsourced marketing partner include:
- Having an agreed-upon marketing strategy: You can view your contracted marketing director as your go-to for communicating your business goals. They will work with you to create a strategy with concrete marketing plans.
- Access to specialized marketing technologies: Digital marketing agencies carry subscriptions to software tools that allow them to mine data and find the most effective ways to target their efforts.
- Regular reporting to see the impact of work completed: An outsourced marketing group will provide regular reporting (often monthly) that will allow you to see progress toward your business goals.
- Outside perspective: Do you feel “tunnel vision” from being too close to your business? Do you have a clear answers ready when people ask about your business? An outside perspective will help you translate your message to your target audience using data and unbiased ideas.
- A team of experts: While an in-house marketing team will feel the need to do everything themselves, marketing outsourcing companies enjoy the freedom of using their budgets to hire the best sub-contractors for specialized jobs as needed. An agency’s job is to find the best way to get the job done, which may mean drawing on their network of professionals in areas like animation, videography or custom web development. It’s like having an entire marketing department on an as-needed basis.
At Zenbox, we strive to be as personal and involved as an in-house CMO while providing the specialized resources of a marketing agency. We meet on a regular basis with our clients to make sure that communication is clear and the marketing goals in place align with the current climate of the business.
Outsourced marketing services can include branding or rebranding, search engine optimization (SEO), graphic design, email marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), social media management, content marketing, blogging, promotional video creation and website design. An integrated strategy allows for effective marketing campaigns and better results at a fraction of the cost of unguided online advertising. Marketing firms can provide this higher level of strategy.
Unsure of how to integrate your marketing efforts and start measuring results? Get in touch! We can talk about what you’ve done so far and whether Zenbox Marketing can help you move forward.